Woodlands Animal Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets of the greater Houston area and place them in loving homes. Woodland Animal Rescue is a 100% non-profit organization run entirely by dedicated volunteers who offer their time and resources to house, train, transport and care for these animals. Since its inception, Woodlands Animal Rescue has placed over 1,000 animals into loving homes.
Woodlands Animal Rescue is dedicated to the following goals:
- Providing medical care to neglected, abused and injured animals.
- Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes.
- Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street.
- Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship.
- Ultimately, securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive parents for them.
Why we do it:
- An estimated 4 million animals are euthanized each year in the United States
- That is 300,000 a month
- Over 11,000 each day
- Until that number is zero, we will continue to do what we do